Two Bottles - Technique and Styles
Germany; 2nd half 17th c.
This bottle is of the highest quality of Baroque glassware from German workshops. The production of "golden, ruby glass" was perfected in about 1679 by Johann Kunckel (1630? -1703), managing director of the Potsdam glassworks founded in Drewitz by Duke Wilhelm of Brandenburg. It was very often used for special articles like these two bottles and largely produced in Nuremberg and parts of south Germany where these bottles came from.